Apostille Service

Our Service

Apostille Service

Apostilles are used when public documents are being transferred between countries that are a party to the Hague Convention of 1961.  

Apostilles authenticate the seals and signatures of officials on documents, and verify the notary held a Notary Commission at the time the document was notarized.  

Documents can also be authenticated for countries that are not members of the Hague treaty but will instead be provided a certificate rather than an apostille. 

Notaries cannot issue apostilles themselves. This all happens after the notarization. 

The Lieutenant Governor serves as Secretary of State for the State of Hawaiʻi and is responsible for the authentication of state documents that are used overseas. The single apostille is the only certification needed. Once prepared and verified, the apostille (or certificate,) is attached to and sent along with the notarized documents. This is required for the document(s) to be recognized and accepted in foreign countries.  

What is required:

Requests for an apostille or authentication certificate are generally submitted in writing to your state’s Notary commissioning authority, (usually the Secretary of State’s office) and should contain:
  • An explanation of why the apostille or authentication is needed.
  • The original document, including the Notary’s completed notarial certificate.
  • The final destination of the document.
  • A postage-paid return envelope addressed to either the document custodian or the document’s final destination.
  • The required fee (varies by state).

The commissioning office determines whether the document requires an or authentication certificate, based on the document’s final destination.

Again, as your notary, I do not issue the Apostille. Instead, I personally provided the Apostille service to deliver the documents to the state apostille agency for processing and return the paperwork to my clients.

Apostille Agent Fees are dependent on:
  • How many documents you are sending for processing and what are the state fees;
  • If the Country is part of the Hague Convention of 1961;
  • Where the documents are being sent for processing;
  • What kind of shipping costs are incurred;
  • If you want expedited service

I will need to know:
  • What is the type of document(s)
  • Where did it originate (STATE OF ORIGINATION); and
  • Where will it be going (COUNTRY OF DESTINATION)

Other Services:

Ask your question

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Get In Touch


Hawaii USA

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.